Clearing Out Candida
Candida: is yeast like fungus that is normally present in the blood, digestive system and throughout the body. Optimal levels of beneficial gut bacteria and a healthy immune system can keep Candida in balance, but when you have an imbalance in your immunity and gut bacteria, then overgrowth is possible.
Candida feeds on toxins such as:
Moldy Foods (yes dried fruit can have mold!)
Mushrooms and fungi type foods
Signs and Symptoms: This can be anything from simple things to severe and life changing symptoms. The most common include: Bloating, constipation, frequent urination, yeast infections in the mouth and genitals, fatigue, mental fog, memory loss, mood swings, headaches, increased sensitivity to foods, painful and swollen joints, creamy white patches in the mouth or on the throat, and painful cracks at the corners of the mouth. Intense cravings for sweets, breads, sugar, alcohol, and yeast containing foods like aged cheese.
Probiotics and Enzymes:
Probiotics are living organisms and are considered “Good Bacteria.” When added as a supplement to your diet, probiotics favor and development of microbial flora in your intestines. Digestive enzymes help your body maximize the process of digestion by breaking down the large molecules you eat into absorbable substances. Consuming probiotics and enzymes as a supplement or through food sources can contribute to a better absorption of nutrients, compensate for certain deficiencies and prevent digestive disorders.
Foods and Herbs that manage Candida over-growth:
Arugula, Bok Choy, Broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, Cauliflower, Collards, Hot Peppers, Kale, Kohlrabi, Mustard greens, Onions, Radishes, Rutabaga, Shallots, Swiss Chard, Turnips, Turnip greens, Watercress, Garlic, Horseradish (w/o vinegar) Oregano, Pau D’arco, Rosemary, Thyme, and Turmeric
To improve digestion, the following steps are recommended:
- Avoid raw vegetables until digestion has improved except for raw fermented vegetables which are actually pre-digested and blended veggies in smoothies.
- Use spices liberally when cooking, especially rosemary, thyme, and oregano.
- Drink lemon water throughout the day.
- Chew foods thoroughly to stimulate digestive enzymes in the mouth, to break up food as much as possible for digestion.
- Eat at least two complete meals per day, but not more than 3 meals. Spacing out meals helps with yeast overgrowth. Eat two snacks daily if needed to keep up blood sugar.
- Eat at least 2 Tbs of Raw Sauerkraut or kimchi with each meal.
- Take digestive enzymes with each meal.
Essential Oils can help with Healing Digestion:
Rub the following Essential oils on the bottoms of feet in the morning and evening. You can also combine with coconut oil or jojoba oil and rub on tummy throughout the day:
Tired of feeling like crap? Need further support with clearing our your candida? Schedule a FREE 20 minute consultation with Steph by filling out this CONTACT form.